Automatic wheelset manufacturing and inspection line
- Automatic machining line for 50.000 wheelset per year
- The line is the most advanced in the world for the manufacturing of railway wheelsets, for the amount of different process technologies integrated in the system, totally integrated and automated, and for the variety of innovative solutions applied on the machines that make it up
- GOST standards
Previous machining process
- Traditional, out of date processes, requiring engineering consultancy to bring the process to present
- Wheelset quality optimised through minimal operator intervention.
- Integrated design including layout, process and work flow.
- Integrated manufacturing and inspection.
Installation Consists of
- End machining centre for axles.
- Horizontal lathe for axles.
- Vertical lathes for wheels.
- Rolling machine for axles.
- Grinding machine for axles.
- Boring machine for wheels.
- Wheelset measurement equipment.
- Wheel press.
- Bearing press.
- Ends cap on station.
- Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) system.
- Automatic loading and unloading system.