Automatic wheelset manufacturing and inspection line
- Installation of an automated production and assembly line turning out a new wheelset every 18 minutes.
- Totally new solution.
- Centralised control system.
Previous machining process
- Stand-alone machines
- The machining process was not automatic
- Manual handling process
- High repeatable wheelset quality.
- Minimised operator intervention.
- State of the art modernisation.
- Integrated project management (idea, design, execution, commissioning, operation assistance and life cycle maintenance).
Installation Consists of
- End machining centre for axles.
- Horizontal lathe for axles.
- Vertical lathes for wheels.
- Grinding machine for axles.
- Wheelset measurement equipment.
- Wheel press.
- Wheelset portal lathe.
- Balancing equipment.
- Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) system.
- Automatic loading and unloading system.