Automatic wheelset maintenance workshop
- Automated maintenance wheelshop for maintaining 100 freight wheelsets per shift.
- AAR standards.
Previous machining process
- Brownfield site.
- Refurbishment of existing plant.
- Improved productivity.
- Maintained parallel production during refurbishment process.
- Higher efficiency through better work force optimization.
- Fully automated process; once the wheelset is identified, a process flow is assigned according to the status of the components, e.g. bearings, wheels or axles.
- Maximized efficiency with minimum operator presence during wheelset repair activities.
- Improved profitability of the line due to decreased scraps.
- Improved quality of the wheelsets due to better control of the different features.
- Reduced amount of manual handling operations; lower worker safety risks.
Installation Consists of
- Wheelset inspection and measurement systems
- Bearing removal and assembly systems
- Wheelset disassembly and assembly system
- Axle machining equipment
- Wheel and wheelset machining equipment
- Automated gantry loading and unloading system
- NDT (Non Destructive Testing) system